Tuesday, March 2, 2010

LIS 568 Week 8

This week in LIS 568 the moment has come and our biggest project ever that is essential for our portfolio has finally begun. We have to begin our Professional Development Workshop. Overall by the sound of the project I was a little intimidated and frightened by the whole thing but after listening to Sue's podcast and the podcast by Dave (an expert presenter), I feel a lot better.

Having a communications background will really allow me to shine for this project. For the project we have to use Microsoft Powerpoint to construct our presentation. There are so many elements to powerpoint that can make or break a presentation such as font, colors, animations, content, pictures, clip art and the overall function. I have dealt with so many situations where little things like these have completely ruined the overall performance of my presentation and the professional development workshop is no exception for not being overall the best and professionally done.

I had a balst working with my group for the googledocs paper on "what constitutes a good library website." We equally contributed to a section and communicated frequently to make sure each question was answered the best it can. I am dying to know how we did since we submitted it on Sunday but, now it is time to get back to work and stop anticipating due to how much the Porfessional Development Workshop is worth and since it is a portfolio item, it could be the deciding factor on whether or not I will have a job after I graduate from library school. Hope to see you next week for Week 9.

No comments:

Post a Comment